The band took part in the first contest of the year at the Preston Guild Hall on Sunday 27th January. Playing Symphony of Marches by Gilbert Vinter the band were delighted to be placed first by adjucator Sandy Smith against a strong field of ten bands.
As well as picking up first prize, Gareth Nelson our solo euphonium player won the best soloist prize, and our basses won the best basses trophy!
Full results below:
1. Longridge (Mark Peacock)
2. Roberts Bakery (Paul Lovatt-Cooper)
3. Hatfield &Askern Colliery (Stanley Lippeatt)
4. BTM (Jeff Hutcherson)
5. Haslingden & Helmshore (John Binns)
6. Mossley (Duncan Byers)
7. J36 Brass (Andrew Warriner)
8. Ripon City (Mark Sidwell)
9. Flixton (Matthew Ryan)
10. Middleton (Kevin Gibbs)
Best Soloist: Gareth Nelson (euphonium) — Longridge
Best Soprano: Will Morley (Roberts Bakery)
Best Basses: Longridge